Who are we?
Welcome to barclays.fr website, published Barclays Bank PLC, Branch in France.
BARCLAYS BANK PLC, a limited company incorporated under English law having its registered office at 1 Churchill Place London E14 5HP, Great Britain, registered with the Registrar of Companies under the number 1026167, whose main branch in France is located at 32 avenue George V - 75008 Paris ; Said main branch is registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under the number 381 066 281 and is represented by Gregorio Blanco, Managing Director and Legal Representative of the French branch of Barclays bank Plc.
This section is dedicated to our Privacy Protection Policy. Here you can learn more about the origin and use of the browsing data processed during your visit to our site as well as your related rights. This Policy is important for you in order to have the best possible experience on our site and maximize your confidence in our services. It is important for us in order to fully and accurately answer any questions you may have about your visit to our site and to fully understand your expectations.
While visiting our site, information about the browsing data we receive from your data terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) may be stored in "cookies" installed on your device. This is subject to the choices that you have expressed about cookies which you can change at any time.
How are the cookies issued from this site used ?
Please notice that only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or change the information contained in such cookie.
The cookies we use on our site
Subject to your choice to allow cookies, when you open our site we may install various cookies in your data terminal allowing us to recognize your device's browser for the duration of the cookies' period of validity. Cookies that we issue are used for the purposes described below, and are subject to your acceptance of them, by way of the browser software settings when you visit our website.
We issue cookies that allow us to:
- compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services;
- customize the presentation of our site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit our Site, based on your data terminal's hardware, viewing software and video software;
- store information contained in any form that you fill out on our site (for registration or account access) or relative to any products, services or information you have chosen on our site (subscribed service, shopping cart contents, etc.);
- allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our site, such as your account, based on user names, passwords and other data that you may have previously given us access;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time.
Your choices regarding cookies
The choices available to you through your browser
You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal. For more information, see "How to exercise your choice in the browser you use"
It is up to the user of a data terminal to decide whether or not cookies will be accepted on that data terminal. The user is free to make this choice and to modify it at any time through the settings associated with the browser used on the data terminal.
If the browser is set to accept cookies on your data terminal, then the cookies used by the web pages that you have visited will be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on your data terminal. They will be readable only by the issuer.
If you choose to reject cookies on your data terminal, or if you remove any cookies already stored, you will not be able to use a number of features that are necessary to browse certain sections of our [site/application]. For example, this would be the case for access to any of our content or services that require you to log in. This is also the case as concerns technical compatibility when we or our service providers cannot recognize the type of browser that you use on your data terminal, its default language and display or the country from which your data terminal is connected to the internet.
If the browser is set to reject cookies on your data terminal, we assume no responsibility for consequences related to the degraded operation of our services resulting from us not being able to store or view the cookies necessary for the full functioning of our site and services.
How to exercise your choice in the browser you use
Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings.
- For Internet ExplorerTM : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For SafariTM : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- For ChromeTM : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For FirefoxTM : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For OperaTM : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
"Flash"© cookies using "Adobe Flash Player"TM
"Adobe Flash Player"TM is an application that enables the rapid display of dynamic content using the "Flash" computer language. Flash and other similar applications store settings, preferences and usage date using a technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"TM handles this information through the use of an interface different from that provided by your browser.
If your data terminal is likely to view content developed with Flash technology, please access your Flash cookies management tool directly from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/fr/.